Philosophy of Hope Concert
Come celebrate life and hope through the vibrant lens of music and help us raise funds and support for Jana Marie Foundation’s vision that both individuals and communities have the capacity to knock down walls, open minds, and save lives.
Coming to the State Theatre!
Saturday, September 21
Cost: $31.50 (including fees)
Help us spread the word!
I tune myself to every chord, every note;
I take refuge in a melody line and there I find hope.
Join us for an Extraordinary Musical Journey through Adversity to Hope and Resilience!
The captivating voices and exceptional talents of some of State College’s best musicians, backed by a multi-generational choir and enlivened with dramatic set design, allows the music to give, in the words of the great philosopher Plato, “…a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”
Benefiting Jana Marie Foundation – Mobilizing Communities to Save Lives
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to support Jana Marie Foundation, a local non-profit whose core mission is cultivating mental, emotional, and social wellness skills to empower young people as they navigate the turbulent pre-adult years. The Foundation provides more than a dozen ongoing educational programs and creative events in Centre County year-round.
The Power of Telling Stories through Music
This unforgettable concert will showcase inspiring songs crafted by local singer-songwriter and author Ken Baxter as the soundtrack to his upcoming memoir The Philosophy of Arson, which recounts the unexpected detour his life takes following the loss of his younger son, Alex, to suicide. Ken’s astute musical storytelling runs the gamut from poignant to life affirming to full out get up and dance.
Musician Friends and Family from Near and Far
Ken will share the stage with admired local musicians friends, including Molly Countermine with her soulful harmonies and a magnetic band fueled by the adept musicianship of Rene Witzke, Daryl Branford, Richard Sleigh, Liz Grove, Steve Christensen, Kelly Countermine, and more to come!
Special guest Nicholai Baxter, Los Angeles guitarist and acclaimed music producer and engineer — winner of five Grammy Awards — whose honored work includes the films Guardians of the Galaxy, La La Land, A Star is Born and First Man, is flying in to join his father on stage for the first time in over a decade. www.igloomusic.com/nicholaibaxter
Discover The Philosophy of Hope!
Come celebrate life through the vibrant lens of music and help us raise funds and support for Jana Marie Foundation’s vision that both individuals and communities have the capacity to knock down walls, open minds, and save lives.
This night would not be possible without the support of our generous community! A special thanks goes out to all of our incredible sponsors:
Socrates Level, $2,500:
• DRSM Wealth Management
• Oasis LifeCare
• Write it Together (W.I.T.) – (Beth McLaughlin, Founder/Owner)
Plato Level, $1,000:
• Deb Guerrero / Financial Directions
• Nancy and Al Vicere
• Scott Sipple Foundation
• Strawberry Fields, Inc.
Aristotle Level, $500:
• Amy Doran and Tonya Cornwall, RE/MAX Centre Realty
• Bestwick Foundation
• Bob and Pam Wild
• Calvary Harvest Fields
• Jacki Hunt, Associate Broker/Co-Founder, RE/MAX Centre Realty
• Kerry.Be Leadership and Life Coaching
• Rene Witzke
• Rich and Sally Kalin
• Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak
Kant Level, $250:
• Bob and Mary Langton
• Brian Johnson
• Cafe Lemont
• Complete Flooring of Lemont, LLC.
• Envinity Solar
• Garbrick-Shadle Agency – Sean Shadle
• i5 Fundraising
• Jim and Sue Tumlinson
• Koch Funeral Home
• Loviscky and Associates
• Mary’s Pink Church
• McClarren Financial Advisors, Inc.
• McGinnis Counseling and Consulting
• Mildred Hwozdek
• Parent-Teen Partnership
• Rana Glick, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Divorce Coach, and Parent Coordinator
• Seven Three Media, LLC
• The Crooked House
• Turtle Way in memory of John Mangan
Nietzsche, under $250:
• Belledonna Herbs
• Child, Adult and Family Psychological Center
• Dr. Candace Good, MD
• First National Bank
• Nathan and Mary Hutchinson
• Sean Silver and Whitney Keiter
Descartes, In Kind Sponsors
• Bruce Hwozdek
• Chuck Fong, Photographer
• Danielle Mulcahey, Artist
• Deb’s Flower Farm
• Dennis Snider, Turned Timber Brewery – Head Brewer
• James Ferrah, Artist
• Jessica Glick, J.Rose Bartending, Professional Bartending and Event Services
• Laurencio Ruiz, Set Designer
• Marilyn Mitchell
• Peter Schull, Set Engineer
• Rene Witzke Photography and Graphic Design
• Sue Smith
• Trader Joe’s
• Webster’s Bookstore & Café
Friends of The Philosophy of Hope Concert
• Band Junkies
• The Makery
• UPS Store Across from Wegmans – A Community Partner